Tuesday 19 January 2010

Audience Research- Moodboard Feedback:


After succesfully uploading my moodboard onto facebook, i had some very useful feedback about the genre, age group and what i needed to improve, by the audience who wrote on my collection of images. Wth my initial questions being based around:
. What genre would this apeal to most?
.What age group is it best suited for?
. Any critisisms or problems with my mood board?
I found that many people were civilised enough and answered the questions correctly with more than enough detail. With lots of information and details about my moodboard, it was quite difficult to pick from the best.
These are a few i picked which i felt were most useful to me in making the final decisions about my magazine:

1
-I would probably say this is a very contrasting piece as the backgrounds vary greatly from the brighter colours of red to the subtle colours of browns and greens...I like the way you introduced more indie bands to the piece and more innocent childish things as in the bicycle etc .. Veryy good mood board..You can tell it would be aimed at the older age 16 onwards as it has a very sophiscated appeal which wouldn't relate top the younger generations.
2
-I think that the genre for your moodboard is indie with a slightly 'mod' feel to it. One of the ways why i think this, is because there are various pictures of people in Parkas and Winkle picker shoes. I feel that it would be ideally suited and aimed at males between the ages of 16-26. Another thing i can see on this mood board is various designer brands such as Luke, Pretty Green and Fred Perry. This appeals to me as I am a follower of fashion and suggests that this magazine is for the 'trendy' side of indie. I alo think that with the bright colours, this will appeal to its market audience because they will stand out among the rest. Overall a great moodboard although i feel it is a bit masculine and could include a more femenine side to it by including womens clothing, or maybe even by having your main picture as a a woman and a man. :)

3
1. the genre indie
2. mainly aimed young men
3. no
- the bright colours will make the magazine stand out!

No comments:

Post a Comment