Friday 29 January 2010

Audience Profile- Target audience:

Gender
. Since the start of my magazine production and planning, i have tried to aim the magazine at the male gender. I was going to try and make it a more unisex magazine by including a more femenin side, such as different girls products like posters and T-shirts, but i feel that as i am giving the magazine a hard-hitting mod/indie feel, this would be more ideally suited for males. Although i am not excluding the female side of my magazine, i also belive that a niche audience of women may read this if they are into products such as Vespas, and 'blokes' news, such as football, violence, banter, clothes/clobber and cars.










Target Audience
. When i first starting researching and planning for my music magazine, i was going to aim it at a much more younger audience (14-16). I believed that as younger teenagers are completely upto date with their music, i thought i would get a wider audience range because as i am introducing a more niche audience with bands that are unisgned or unknown, this would be my greatest audience.





After researching a number of college students and attained their feedback, I feel that the age range 18-24 would suit my magazine best. This is because i am going to include older bandssuch as Oasis, Blur and The Stone Roses in my magazine, which younger teenagers may not be so familiar with. I also feel that because most 18 year old boys are going 'indie', this will give my magazine an even bigger audience.


Fanbase
. Originally i felt that i wanted a wide fanbase, who purhase the magazine each week and to be sold in most shops and music stores, but also after long consideration i feel that i want a more niche market, where the magazine is to be sold in either independent record shops or in various small shops like small clothing stores such as Jingo with a good reputation. I felt i wanted to use this idea as it would make the reader feel more priviliged/loyal reading it, as there would only be certain copys available to order. I also feel that by selling them in these small unique shops, it will make the overview and reputation of the magazine retro/vintage and 'back in business'.







Clothing
When i was first researching for my music magazine, i wanted my target audience to wear designer logo's such as Billionaire Boys Club/ Ice Cream, Vivienne Westwood, Dior, Alexanda Mcqueen, Gucci, Louis Vuitton etc. After doing more research about my target audience, i found that most of these labels were too 'extreme' and wouldnt fit my genre of a indie/mod look. This is because most of the people that wear these designer brands are more into Hip-Hop and support artists such as Kanye West, Drake, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne etc.
Although i am not including these brands in my magazine, i will include more indie and hard hitting labels such as Pretty Green, Folk, Stone Island, Fred Perry,Luke etc. Another reason for including this is that the price of these clothing labels are not as expensive and extreme as the 'hip hop' fashion ones.












No comments:

Post a Comment